Tuesday 7 May 2019

Welcome to Grubbed Up!

Here we go - I'm starting a new blog - this one to focus on food and recipes!  I don't know if I'll update every week or only post once a year - and actually, it doesn't matter - this is mainly just a way for me to be creative when the mood takes me.

The original thought behind this blog came from looking for a specific recipe online (for Northern Irish Vegetable Roll if you're wondering), and not being able to find it.  (Well, I found one but it had weird ingredients in it (what the heck is mace????) - and didn't really taste like what I remember.) . So I experimented until I got something that I enjoyed - why not share this with the world?

A lot of food blogs focus very much on cordon bleu, pseudo-chef style fine dining.  That's not what I'm aiming for here!  I'm just going to be sharing things I personally like to eat.  You see, I DON'T cook everything from scratch (gasp!).  I take shortcuts.  I use ready-made pastry and frozen mash.  And I don't care!  Don't expect pretty, instagram-ready meals from me, just tasty grub.  Nothing here will be going on Rate-My-Plate 😂.  If you like it, great - if not, no problem, it's down to your own taste.

The main thing here is I like trying things out and adapting them to make myself happy - isn't that what food is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment